Volunteer, have fun, help out!
Our camp wishes to give back to the community, and we can only do so thanks to those that give to us. We have year-round volunteer opportunities. We offer opportunities for all ages and ability levels. Don’t see something that interests you on the list? We can use all kinds of skills and talents so feel free to contact us if you think you can be of service – or if we can be of service to you. Volunteers will be pre-screened and trained in their area as well as all need-to-now camp policies.
- Reinforcement Camp Counselors for large camps
- Mentor / Counselors for our week-long retreats for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Junior Camp Counselor (16-18 years old – must fill out application)
- Youth Pastors, Spiritual Leaders
- General Maintenance and Groundskeeping
- Hospitality and Housekeeping
- Welcome and Departure Team for Camps and Events
- Gardening, Landscaping, tree planting
- Guest Speakers, Performers, Presenters, Entertainment, Educational Presenters for Camps
- Special Events Staffing (Catering, Greeting Crew, Ticket Sales, Check-in/Check Out for Camps etc)
- Attend a Work Day event such as Work Hard, Play Hard to help with a variety of tasks to prepare for camp season.
- Virtual Volunteerism – help us from the comfort of your home on your own time!
- Join a committee (such as planning for Harvest Fest, grant writing, fundraising, or community outreach)
Work Hard, Play Hard
WMC’s 2nd Annual celebration of Volunteers and camp work day. Come on down and join in the work that feels like play. We’ll cap off the day with great food, prizes, games and entertainment. More info to come soon. Sign up before April to get put in a drawing for a prize only eligible to those early birds! And considering most wait until the last minute, chances of winning the prize are pretty high!
Volunteer Orientation – CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!
Are you a former camper missing Camp? Never been to WMC, but want to get involved with an awesome community? Need hours for school community service? Whatever the reason, come learn Camp 101- a requirement for those volunteering at our camps for Adults with Disabilities, our Counselors in Training, and seasonal volunteer staff.
You’ll receive training on health & safety guidelines, discuss this summer’s theme, learn about WMC activities, games, and traditions- everything you need to be prepared for the 2019 Season. And we want to hear your ideas too!
Even if you’re a WMC Lifer, please sign up with our online volunteer application to keep in touch about what is going on at Camp.